Position Vacancy at the Kentucky UAP!
The Interdisciplinary Human Development Institute University Affiliated Program, University of Kentucky, announces a vacancy for the position of Interdisciplinary (Preservice) Training Director. The IHDI is located in central Kentucky, in Lexington, in the heart of the Bluegrass region. The Kentucky UAP has grown by 50% over the past three years, and presently employs approximately 60 full-time faculty and staff, with 35 current projects focused at the regional, state, multi-state, and national levels.
Interdisciplinary (Preservice) Training Director Primary Responsibilities
- Provide overall supervision of IHDI long-term traineeships, including recruitment, development of training plans, seminars, practica, and other learning experiences, and evaluation of program.
- Provide overall supervision of IHDI research assistants, including recruitment, appointment letters and correspondence with academic departments and the Graduate School, orientation and general research assistant policies.
- Provide overall supervision of developmental rotations for participating pediatric, psychiatric, and family practice residents.
- Work with colleges and academic departments, including Education, Psychology, Medicine, Law, Journalism, Social Work, Nursing, etc. to establish coursework (either stand-alone courses or infused content into existing coursework) about current needs and state-of-the-art services for persons with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Develop collaborative personnel preparation proposals developed with other UK academic departments.
- Develop collaborative pre-service training and research initiatives with other university centers and Institutes (e.g., Appalachian Center, Center on Aging, Institute for Educational Reform, Martin School of Public Policy, Center for Biomedical Engineering, etc.).
- Re-establish and implement IHDI graduate certificate program, including development and refinement of existing coursework in collaboration with participating faculty, funding and recruitment of trainees, instruction in core courses, coordination with practica and clinical services for training purposes, and trainee evaluation.
- Coordinate preservice training data collection and reporting, as required by the Administration on Developmental Disabilities.
- Work with IHDI Principal Investigators to identify preservice training opportunities across current and proposed projects.
- Advise and participate on the IHDI Management Team.
- An earned doctorate in an appropriate field.
- Demonstrated leadership and knowledge in the disability field.
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the University Affiliated Program system and related interdisciplinary research, training, and service activities.
- Experience with initiatives that support individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Expertise in grant and contract development.
- Expertise in program administration and collaboration with university systems, state and federal agencies, advocacy groups, and persons with disabilities.
Applications for the position will be taken until August 25, 2000. Interviews will be conducted soon thereafter, and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
Applicant must send a letter of application, detailed vita, and names and contact information of three references. Examples of publications or other relevant materials are also desirable. Send applications to:
Human Resource Services Attn: Job #SP25464
University of Kentucky
21 Scovell Hall
Lexington, KY 40506-0064
Office: (859) 257-9555, ext. 275
FAX: (859) 323-1903
UK is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.